The $550m venture financing of Polestar Performance was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.2bn were announced globally in April 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 39.7% over the previous month of $852.13m and a rise of 175% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $432.74m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $563.45m. At the country level, the Sweden topped the list in terms of deal value at $555.43m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2021 was the US with 16 deals, followed by the Canada with four and China with two.
In 2021, as of April, power venture financing deals worth $4.09bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 552.9% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 88.3% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $1.05bn, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) I Cube Capital,Zibo Financial Holding and Zibo Hightech Industrial Investment $550m venture financing deal with Polestar Performance
2) The $280m venture financing of TAE Technologies by Google and New Enterprise Associates
3) Lanyuan Capital $154.14m venture financing deal with Luting Power
4) The $40m venture financing of Ossiaco by Coatue Management,Narrative Fund,Real Ventures and Western Technology Investment
5) Activate Capital,Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors and SJF Ventures $27m venture financing deal with PosiGen