The $500m venture financing of Helion Energy was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.2bn were announced globally in November 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 57.6% over the previous month of $761.36m and a drop of 46.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.24bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.03bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2021 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the Canada with four and the UK with two.
In 2021, as of November, power venture financing deals worth $27.59bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 1021.9% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 59.2% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $707.87m, against the overall value of $1.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Capricorn Investment Group,Dustin Moskovitz,Mithril Capital Management and Sam Altman $500m venture financing deal with Helion Energy
2) The $100m venture financing of Gradiant by Schlumberger New Energy and Warburg Pincus
3) Demeter Partners,EverWatt,High-Tech Grunderfonds Management,Marguerite Adviser,Soregies and ZEWAY $44.87m venture financing deal with ZE Energy
4) The $33m venture financing of Titan Advanced Energy Solutions by Doral Energy-Tech Ventures,Energy Innovation Capital,Fortistar,GS Energy,GS Futures,H+Partners,HG Ventures and Schneider Electric Ventures
5) Banco Santander and The Blackstone Group $30m venture financing deal with Ample
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.