The $200m venture financing of Factorial Energy was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1bn were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 77.2% over the previous month of $4.39bn and a drop of 32.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.48bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $558.69m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $463.78m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with 20 deals, followed by the China with eight and Canada with three.
In 2022, as of January, power venture financing deals worth $1bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 16.1% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.8% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $528.76m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mercedes-Benz Fuel Cell and Stellantis $200m venture financing deal with Factorial Energy
2) The $94.7m venture financing of Viridi Parente by Ashtead Group,B. Thomas Golisano and National Grid Partners
3) BP Ventures,Golden Energy Global Investment and VinFast $80m venture financing deal with StoreDot
4) The $79.06m venture financing of Eavor Technologies by BP,Chevron,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Vickers Venture Partners
5) ArcelorMittal,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Companhia Siderurgica Nacional,Horizons Ventures,Temasek Investments and Yara Growth Ventures $75m venture financing deal with H2Pro