The $652.6m venture financing of Enel was the Power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.2bn were announced globally in April 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 111.7% over the previous month of $1.03bn and a rise of 32.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.65bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $925.78m. At the country level, the Italy topped the list in terms of deal value at $652.6m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2022 was the US with 22 deals, followed by the China with seven and Japan with three.
In 2022, as of April, Power venture financing deals worth $7bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 73.6% year on year.
Power industry venture financing deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five Power industry venture financing deals accounted for 69.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five Power venture financing deals stood at $1.51bn, against the overall value of $2.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry venture financing deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) European Investment Bank $652.6m venture financing deal with Enel
2) The $260m venture financing of Sun King by ARCH Emerging Markets Partners,BeyondNetZero and M&G Investments
3) CCB Capital Management,China Life Investment Holding,Guangdong Yuecai Fund Management,Huafa Group,IDG Capital,Midea Group,Shanghai Aixu Information Technology and Shenzhen Investment Control $251.23m venture financing deal with Gaojing Solar Technology
4) The $217.53m venture financing of 1KOMMA5° by Blue Elephant Capital,btov Partners,eCAPITAL,Eurazeo,Haniel and Schuerfeld families and Porsche Ventures
5) BlackRock Financial Management,Blue Bear Capital,BP Ventures,Daishin Private Equity,GLy Capital Management,Octave Ventures and Riverstone Holdings $125m venture financing deal with FreeWire Technologies