Total power industry venture financing deals worth $306.5m were announced in North America in March 2022, led by $90m venture financing of Span.IO , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 74.5% over the previous month of $1.2bn and a drop of 55.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $694.79m.
North America held a 31.67% share of the global power industry venture financing deal value that totalled $967.66m in March 2022. With a 26.32% share and deals worth $254.66m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across power industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 23 deals during March 2022, marking a decrease of 37.84% over the previous month and a drop of 11.54% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 21 deals during the month.
North America power industry venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 77.01% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $236m, against the overall value of $306.5m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) A/O Proptech,Angeleno Group,Fifth Wall Ventures,FootPrint Coalition,Obsidian Investment Partners and Wellington ManagementLLP $90m venture financing deal with Span.IO
2) The $65m venture financing of Our Next Energy (ONE) by Assembly Ventures,BMW Venture Capital,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Coatue Management,Flex and Volta Energy Technologies
3) BlackRock,Greylock Partners,Mercuria Energy Group,Natural Gas Innovation Fund,Nova Fleet,Pioneer Fund and Wing Venture Capital $43m venture financing deal with Validere Technologies
4) The $20.5m venture financing of David Energy Systems by BOX GROUP,Equal Ventures,James Dice,Keyframe Capital Partners,MCJ Collective — My Climate Journey,Toba Capital,Turntide Technologies and Union Square Ventures
5) Capricorn Investment Group $17.5m venture financing deal with Erthos