The $1.59bn venture financing of SVOLT Energy Technology was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $3bn were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 39.3% over the previous month of $2.14bn and a rise of 314% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $719.87m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.92bn. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.91bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with 22 deals, followed by the China with six and Australia with three.
In 2021, as of August, power venture financing deals worth $9.95bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 604.9% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 77.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $2.3bn, against the overall value of $3bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bank of China Group Investment,CCB Investment,China Renaissance Holdings,Country Garden Venture Capital,IDG Capital,JZ Capital Partners,National Fund for Technology Transfer and Commercialization,Oceanpine Capital,Sany Group,SDIC Innovation Investment Management,Shenzhen Capital Group and Xiaomi $1.59bn venture financing deal with SVOLT Energy Technology
2) The $240m venture financing of Form Energy by Arcelor Mittal Zenica,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Capricorn Investment Group,Coatue Management,Energy Impact Partners,Eni Next,Macquarie Capital Group,Massachusetts Institute of Technology,NGP Energy Technology Partners III,Perry Creek Capital,Prelude Ventures,Temasek Holdings (Private),TPG Capital and Vamos Ventures
3) Disruptive Innovation Fund,ENEOS,Moore Strategic Ventures,PTT Public and SMRT $160m venture financing deal with Ample
4) The $154.61m venture financing of Jiangsu Meike Solar Energy by Anhua Venture Capital,Chint New Energy,Huagai Capital,Junrun Capital,Sinopec Capital,Yangzhong Financial Holdings,Yida Capital and Yunhao Capital
5) IDG Capital,Sequoia Capital and Yunhao Capital $154.2m venture financing deal with Zhejiang Chint Anneng Power System Engineering