Total power industry venture financing deals worth $541.2m were announced in North America in August 2022, led by $138m venture financing of Fervo Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 24.1% over the previous month of $436.08m and a drop of 36.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $856.81m.
North America held a 24.49% share of the global power industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.21bn in August 2022. With a 24.03% share and deals worth $531.17m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across power industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 27 deals during August 2022, marking an increase of 12.50% over the previous month and a drop of 10.00% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 25 deals during the month.
North America power industry venture financing deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 58.8% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $318m, against the overall value of $541.2m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3×5 Partners, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Congruent Ventures, CPP Investments, DCVC, Elemental Excelerator, Grantham Foundation, Helmerich & Payne, Impact Science Ventures, Liberty Energy, Macquarie and Prelude Ventures’s $138m venture financing deal with Fervo Energy
2) The $63m venture financing of WiTricity by Air Waves Wireless Electricity, Delta Electronics, Japan Energy Fund, Mirae Asset Capital, Siemens and Stage 1 Ventures
3) Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Prelude Ventures and SJF Ventures’s $44m venture financing deal with Terabase Energy
4) The $38m venture financing of Iontra by The Flag Group and Volta Energy Technologies
5) CC Industries and S2G Ventures’s $35m venture financing deal with Orange EV