The $253m venture financing of Highland Electric Transportation was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $752.4m were announced globally in February 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 34% over the previous month of $1.14bn and a rise of 142.1% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $310.79m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $672.05m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $476.05m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2021 was the US with 11 deals, followed by the Canada with three and the UK with two.
In 2021, as of February, power venture financing deals worth $1.89bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 675.9% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.3% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $559m, against the overall value of $752.4m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Fontinalis Partners and Vision Ridge Partners’ $253m venture financing of Highland Electric Transportation
2) The $100m venture financing of Ampion by Technology Venture Partners
3) Fidelity Management & ResearchLLC, Infinite Potential Technologies and Mission Ventures’ $81m venture financing of Enevate
4) The $75m venture financing of Svante by BDC Capital, Carbon Direct and Export Development Canada, Chart Industries, Chevron Technology Ventures, Chrysalix Venture Capital, OGCI Climate Investments, Temasek Investments and The Roda Group
5) Alfa Laval, Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Proman’s venture financing of Malta for $50m.
Visit our ‘Power Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the power industry.