Led by $45m venture financing of GridWiz, total power industry venture financing deals worth $822.84m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 643.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 869.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $84.87m.
Asia-Pacific held a 28.47% share of the global power industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.89bn in Q1 2021. With a 26.32% share and deals worth $760.62m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across power industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 21 deals during Q1 2021, marking an increase of 40.00% over the previous quarter and a rise of 100.00% over the last four-quarter average. China recorded nine deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific power industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 11.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $92.54m, against the overall value of $822.84m recorded for the quarter.
The top five power deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Intervest New Growth Fund, Kinggo spring, Medici Investment, Meritz Securities, NH Investment & Securities, SK Gas and Soo Investment Capital’s $45m venture financing of GridWiz
2) The $38.63m venture financing of Gaogong Hydrogen Power by Agricultural Bank of China, Dongfeng Asset Management, Three Gorges Capital Holding and Zhuhai Pusheng Capital
3) ADB Ventures, cKinetics Accelerator, Max I., Saket Burman and Sangam Ventures’ $4.1m venture financing of Smart Joules
4) The $3.45m venture financing of Green Li-ion by Entrepreneur First, LiNiCo, SOSV Investments and TES (Singapore)
5) Blue Ashva Sampada Fund’s venture financing of Devic EarthLtd. for $1.37m.