The $48m venture financing of Lightyear was the power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $843.39m were announced globally in March 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 1.8% over the previous month of $858.62m and a rise of 125.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $373.55m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $622.01m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $614m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in March 2021 was the US with 18 deals, followed by the China with three and Germany with two.
In 2021, as of March, power venture financing deals worth $2.89bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 649.3% year on year.
power industry venture financing deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 14.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $125.08m, against the overall value of $843.39m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zero Point Holding’s $48m venture financing of Lightyear
2) The $25m venture financing of Baseload Capital by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Chevron Technology Ventures and Gullspang Invest
3) Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Horizons Ventures and Ignitis Innovation Fund’ $21.97m venture financing of H2Pro
4) The $18.18m venture financing of Heimdall Power by Bkk Spring, Investinor, KLP Alfa Global Energi, Lyse Vekst, Ny Energi, Saga Pure and Sarsia Seed
5) Energy Impact Partners’ venture financing of ZOLAR for $11.93m.
Visit our ‘Power Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the power industry.