Total power industry venture financing deals worth $857.6m were announced in the US in August 2021, led by $240m venture financing of Form Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 227.2% over the previous month of $262.12m and a rise of 163.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $325.39m.
The US held a 28.78% share of the global power industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.98bn in August 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the US recorded 22 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 46.67% over the previous month and a rise of 10.00% over the 12-month average.
US power industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 75.9% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $651m, against the overall value of $857.6m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arcelor Mittal Zenica,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Capricorn Investment Group,Coatue Management,Energy Impact Partners,Eni Next,Macquarie Capital Group,Massachusetts Institute of Technology,NGP Energy Technology Partners III,Perry Creek Capital,Prelude Ventures,Temasek Holdings (Private),TPG Capital and Vamos Ventures $240m venture financing deal with Form Energy
2) The $160m venture financing of Ample by Disruptive Innovation Fund,ENEOS,Moore Strategic Ventures,PTT Public and SMRT
3) Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction,GS Energy,IHI,Samsung C&T,Sarens and Sargent & Lundy $152m venture financing deal with NuScale Power
4) The $64m venture financing of Nanotech Energy by Fubon Financial Holding
5) Bonavista Developments,Constellation Technology Ventures,Equinor Ventures,Founders Co-op,Google,MCJ Collective — My Climate Journey,NGP Energy Technology Partners,Prelude Ventures,Techstars Venture Capital Fund,TotalEnergies Ventures and Wireframe Ventures $35m venture financing deal with LevelTen Energy
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.