The $250m venture financing of Blu-Smart Mobility was the Power industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $868.3m were announced globally in July 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 55.7% over the previous month of $1.96bn and a drop of 55.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.96bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $424.35m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $416.35m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for Power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2022 was the US with 20 deals, followed by the China with 16 and Germany with five.
In 2022, as of July, Power venture financing deals worth $11.27bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 67.1% year on year.
Power industry venture financing deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five Power industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.6% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five Power venture financing deals stood at $647.37m, against the overall value of $868.3m recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry venture financing deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BP Ventures $250m venture financing deal with Blu-Smart Mobility
2) The $250m venture financing of TAE Technologies by D.C.),Chevron,Google,Reimagined Ventures,Sumitomoof Americas (Washington and TIFF Investment Management
3) Altira Group and Vitol $100m venture financing deal with FlexGen Power Systems
4) The $24.37m venture financing of VoltStorage by Cummins
5) Alumni Ventures Group,Congruent Ventures,Hyperguap,My Climate Journey,Obvious Ventures and Victoria Beasley $23m venture financing deal with Lightship Energy