Total power industry venture financing deals worth $869m were announced in North America in August 2021, led by $240m venture financing of Form Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 221.1% over the previous month of $270.61m and a rise of 149.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $348.64m.
North America held a 29.16% share of the global power industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.98bn in August 2021. With a 28.78% share and deals worth $857.56m, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across power industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, North America recorded 24 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 41.18% over the previous month and a rise of 9.09% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 22 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America power industry venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 74.9% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $651m, against the overall value of $869m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arcelor Mittal Zenica,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Capricorn Investment Group,Coatue Management,Energy Impact Partners,Eni Next,Macquarie Capital Group,Massachusetts Institute of Technology,NGP Energy Technology Partners III,Perry Creek Capital,Prelude Ventures,Temasek Holdings (Private),TPG Capital and Vamos Ventures $240m venture financing deal with Form Energy
2) The $160m venture financing of Ample by Disruptive Innovation Fund,ENEOS,Moore Strategic Ventures,PTT Public and SMRT
3) Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction,GS Energy,IHI,Samsung C&T,Sarens and Sargent & Lundy $152m venture financing deal with NuScale Power
4) The $64m venture financing of Nanotech Energy by Fubon Financial Holding
5) Bonavista Developments,Constellation Technology Ventures,Equinor Ventures,Founders Co-op,Google,MCJ Collective — My Climate Journey,NGP Energy Technology Partners,Prelude Ventures,Techstars Venture Capital Fund,TotalEnergies Ventures and Wireframe Ventures $35m venture financing deal with LevelTen Energy