US power industry saw a drop of 2.13% in overall deal activity during March 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Ares Management ’s $600m private equity deal with SB Energy Holdings, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 46 deals worth $1.3bn were announced in March 2022, compared with the 12-month average of 47 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 21 deals, which accounted for 45.7% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with 16 deals, followed by private equity with nine transactions, respectively accounting for 34.8% and 19.6% of overall deal activity in the US technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading deal category in the US power industry with total deals worth $807m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $254.66m and $195.5m respectively.
US power industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry deals accounted for 89.1% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $1.12bn, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ares Management $600m private equity deal with SB Energy Holdings
2) The $200m private equity of Distributed Solar Development by Ares Management
3) ALLETE $165.5m acquisition deal with New Energy Equity
4) The $90m venture financing of Span.IO by A/O Proptech,Angeleno Group,Fifth Wall Ventures,FootPrint Coalition,Obsidian Investment Partners and Wellington ManagementLLP
5) Assembly Ventures,BMW Venture Capital,Breakthrough Energy Ventures,Coatue Management,Flex and Volta Energy Technologies $65m venture financing deal with Our Next Energy (ONE)