The Cremzow Battery Energy Storage System is a 22,000kW energy storage project located in Cremzow, Brandenburg, Germany.

The project was announced in 2018 and was commissioned in 2019.

Description

The Cremzow Battery Energy Storage System was developed by Enel Green Power Germany and Enertrag. The project is owned by Enel Green Power Germany (50%), a subsidiary of Enel and Enertrag (50%).

The key applications of the project are frequency regulation and grid support services.

Contractors involved

Enel Green Power Germany and Enertrag have delivered the battery energy storage project.

Additional information

The storage plant will provide frequency regulation services to Germany’s Primary Control Reserve (PCR) market to rapidly stabilise the grid, and will later be integrated with ENERTRAG wind farms. The first 2 MW section of the Cremzow plant is expected to be operational in April 2018, while the launch of the entire plant is planned for the end of this year. The facility will be owned by a special purpose vehicle (SPV) in which EGP Germany has a 90% majority stake and ENERTRAG the remaining 10% stake. Leclanché will act as EPC contractor for the project, in charge of integrating battery and power conversion systems and energy management software.

About Enel Green Power Germany

Enel Green Power Germany, is a subsidiary of Enel SpA.

About Enertrag

Enertrag AG (Enertrag) is an European energy supplier that generates heat and electricity from renewable sources. The company offers services such as project development, construction, power grids, operations, servicing, installation, wind farms operations, planning, technological development and financing services. It provides monitoring, maintenance, assembling, management software, operational management services and generates electricity from wind energy and renewable sources. Enertrag develops hybrid power plants for storage of wind energy for generating heat, electricity and hydrogen. The company provides installation of wind turbines, power grids and transformer stations and monitors the ongoing operations. It operates offices in Dauerthal and Berlin, Germany. Enertrag is headquartered in Dauerthal, Germany

Methodology

All publicly-announced energy storage projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects are sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.