The Drogheda Data Center Project is a smart grid project being developed in Drogheda, Meath, Ireland. It is an advanced grid infrastructure project.
The installation of the project began in 2023 and is expected to be completed in 2026.
The Drogheda Data Center Project is currently in the planning stage and will use smart grid technology. The project has a rated capacity of 48MW.
The Drogheda Data Center Project has the following equipment associated with it:
- – Data Center
Drogheda Data Center Project development status
The development of Drogheda Data Center Project was started in 2023. The project is expected to be commissioned in 2026.
– Amazon has been granted planning permission for a new data center in Drogheda, County Meath, Ireland for a two-story data center at the Drogheda IDA Business & Technology Park.
– The Irish Independent reports the facility will have a capacity of 48MW.
– Plans for the 28,566 sqm (307,400 sq ft) facility, which will be located to the north of Amazon’s existing data center development in the business park and will contain data halls, associated electrical and mechanical plant rooms, a loading bay, maintenance and storage space, office administration areas, screened plant, and solar panels at roof level.
– The new data center is the second of three Amazon has planned for the site.
– The Irish Business Post reports the company will invest around €350 million ($424m) in the project.
About Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Hitachi ABB Power Grids Ltd (Hitachi ABB), formerly ABB Management Holding AG, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd, develops advanced automation systems, power and digital technologies. The company’s product range includes cooling, asset and work management systems; capacitors and filters; communication networks; disconnectors; generator circuit-breakers (GCB); instrument transformers; scada and control systems; semiconductors; substations; transformers; and cable accessories. It provides installation and commissioning, training and development, consulting, maintenance, upgradation and replacement services. The company serves customers across energy, mobility, information technology, industry and infrastructure sectors. Hitachi ABB is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.