Thermal technology contracts activity in Q3 2021 saw 72 contracts announced, marking a drop of 37% over the last four-quarter average of 115, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Gas was the top category in thermal technology in terms of number of contracts for the quarter, accounting for 59 contracts and a 79.7% share, followed by Coal with nine contracts and a 12.2% share. Oil stood in third place with six contracts and an 8.1% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, thermal held the third position in terms of number of contracts during Q3 2021 with an 8.2% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Thermal technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Project Implementation: 25 contracts and a 34.7% share
- Supply & Erection: 23 contracts and a 31.9% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 12 contracts and a 16.7% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: seven contracts and a 9.7% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: five contracts and a 6.9% share.
Asia-Pacific leads thermal contracts activity in Q3 2021
Comparing contracts activity in thermal technology in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 35 contracts and a share of 48.6% during Q3 2021, followed by Middle East and Africa with 14 contracts and a 19.4% share and Europe with ten contracts and a 13.9% share.
In fourth place was North America with nine contracts and a 12.5% share and in fifth place was South and Central America with four contracts and a 5.6% share.
Thermal technology contracts in Q3 2021: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Thermal technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Hubei Energy Group Xiangyang Yicheng Power Generation: 2,000MW from one contract
- Tsingshan Holding Group (China): 1,140MW from one contract
- Sun Ba Power (Taiwan): 1,100MW capacity from one contract.
Thermal technology contracts in Q3 2021: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- China Energy Engineering Group Planning and Engineering (China): 2,000MW from one contract
- Zhejiang Thermal Power Construction (China): 1,140MW from one contract
- Siemens Energy (Germany) and CTCI (Taiwan): 1,100MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.