Wind technology contracts activity in Q3 2021 saw 283 contracts announced, marking a drop of 14% over the last four-quarter average of 328, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of contracts for the quarter, accounting for 236 contracts and an 83.1% share, followed by Offshore with 46 contracts and a 16.2% share. Onshore Repowered stood in third place with two contracts and a 0.7% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, wind held the second position in terms of number of contracts during Q3 2021 with a 32.2% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Wind technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Supply & Erection: 84 contracts and a 29.7% share
- Project Implementation: 83 contracts and a 29.3% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: 74 contracts and a 26.1% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: 29 contracts and a 10.2% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: seven contracts and a 2.5% share
- Electricity Supply: six contracts and a 2.1% share.
Europe leads wind contracts activity in Q3 2021
Comparing contracts activity in wind technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 152 contracts and a share of 53.7% during Q3 2021, followed by Asia-Pacific with 75 contracts and a 26.5% share and North America with 39 contracts and a 13.8% share.
In fourth place was South and Central America with 13 contracts and a 4.6% share and in fifth place was Middle East and Africa with four contracts and a 1.4% share.
Wind technology contracts in Q3 2021: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Wind technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Akimat of Mangystau Region: 30,000MW from one contract
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 4,270MW from 15 contracts
- Three Gorges New Energy Siziwangqi (China): 2,000MW capacity from one contract.
Wind technology contracts in Q3 2021: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Svevind (Sweden): 30,000MW from one contract
- China Power Engineering Consulting Group (China): 2,000MW from one contract
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 1,850.64MW capacity from three contracts.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.