The Hithadhoo Island Microgrid Project is a smart grid project being developed in Hithadhoo Island, Maldives. It is a distributed generation microgrid renewable integration project.
The installation of the project began in 2018 and is expected to be completed in 2021.
The Hithadhoo Island Microgrid Project is currently under construction and will use smart grid technology. The project has a rated capacity of 10MW.
The smart grid project is owned by Nishizawa.
The Hithadhoo Island Microgrid Project has the following equipment associated with it:
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
- – 1 MW-0.3 MWh Battery Energy Storage System
- – 1.7 MW Solar Power System
- – Diesel Generators
Hithadhoo Island Microgrid Project development status
The development of Hithadhoo Island Microgrid Project was started in 2018. The project is expected to be commissioned in 2021.
The project is developed with Microgrid Energy Management System as the main technology.
– Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions to Supply Microgrid Energy Management System for Preparing Outer Islands for Sustainable Energy Development” (POISED) Project in Hithadhoo Island of Addu Atoll, Maldives.
– The contract was won to install its microgrid controller and energy management system in a 10-MW hybrid microgrid on the Maldives’ Hithadhoo Island.
– The microgrid will incorporate 1.7 MW of existing solar, existing diesel generators, and a 1 MW-0.3 MWh battery energy storage system.
About Aligned Energy
Aligned Energy LLC (Aligned Energy) is an infrastructure technology company. It provides consumption based colocation, electrical and mechanical infrastructure and data center services. Aligned Energy is headquartered in Plano, Texas, the US.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.