The Maui Smart Grid Project is a smart grid project located in Maui, Hawaii, US. The installation of the project began in 2011 and the project was commissioned in 2017.
The Maui Smart Grid Project was completed using smart grid as the technology category. It is an advanced grid infrastructure, advanced metering infrastructure, microgrid project with a rated capacity of 200MW. It is implemented in the islands.
The smart grid project is owned by Hawaiian Electric and Maui Electric.
The Maui Smart Grid Project has the following equipment associated with it:
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
- – 1 MW / 1.2 MWh Battery Energy Storage System
- – Distribution Management System
- – Smart Meters
Maui Smart Grid Project development status
The development of Maui Smart Grid Project was started in 2011 and the commissioning was completed in 2017.
The project was developed with Advanced Metering Infrastructure as the main technology.The key benefit of the technology used is improves the process of managing supply, demand and data quality.
– “JUMPSmartMaui,” a collaborative demonstration project between Japan, Hawaii, and Maui that incorporated Smart Grid, renewable energy, and all-electric vehicle solutions in Maui’s electrical grid.
– The goal of JUMPSmartMaui – based on a US-Japan government agreement – was to demonstrate smart grid technologies to enable the efficient use of renewable energy in an island setting.
– The project aggregates and control distributed energy resources, EVs, and other innovative technologies to respond to changing demands on the grid caused by the increasing levels of as-available renewable energy.
About Sensus USA
Sensus USA Inc (Sensus), a Xylem brand, is a clean technology solutions company that designs and manufactures smart meters, regulators, communication systems, and software. It provides smart meters, network technologies, and advanced data analytics solutions. Sensus solutions collect data related to advanced metering infrastructure, automatic meter reading, billing, and consumption; and assist customers to enhance their technologies and communication networks. The company serves a wide range of public service providers from utilities and cities to industrial complexes and campuses. Sensus is headquartered in Morrisville, North Carolina, the US.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.