Wind technology contracts activity in August 2020 saw 101 contracts announced, marking a rise of 11% over the last 12-month average of 91, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of contracts for the month, accounting for 75 contracts and a 75% share, followed by Offshore with 23 contracts and a 23% share. Onshore Repowered stood in third place with two contracts and a 2% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, wind held the second position in terms of number of contracts during August 2020 with a 32.5% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Wind technology tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Project Implementation: 30 contracts and a 29.7% share
- Supply & Erection: 30 contracts and a 29.7% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 15 contracts and a 14.9% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: 13 contracts and a 12.9% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: 11 contracts and a 10.9% share
- Electricity Supply: two contracts and a 2% share.
Europe leads wind contracts activity in August 2020
Comparing contracts activity in wind technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 50 contracts and a share of 49.5% during August 2020, followed by Asia-Pacific with 34 contracts and a 33.7% share and North America with 13 contracts and a 12.9% share.
In fourth place was South and Central America with three contracts and a 3% share and in fifth place was Middle East and Africa with one contract and a 1% share.
Wind technology contracts in August 2020: Top issuers by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Wind technology for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Danske Commodities (Denmark): 480MW from one contract
- Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (Ireland): 479.24MW from 19 contracts
- Stanwell: 348MW capacity from one contract.
Wind technology contracts in August 2020: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Equinor (Norway) and SSE Renewables (United Kingdom): 480MW from one contract
- Goldwind Australia Pty (Australia) and Lacour Energy Pty (Australia): 348MW from one contract
- Vestas Wind Systems (Denmark): 250MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.