Wind technology contracts activity in January 2021 saw 78 contracts announced, marking a drop of 20% over the last 12-month average of 97, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of contracts for the month, accounting for 63 contracts and a 79.7% share, followed by Offshore with 13 contracts and a 16.5% share. Onshore Repowered stood in third place with three contracts and a 3.8% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, wind held the second position in terms of number of contracts during January 2021 with a 26.4% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Wind technology tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Supply & Erection: 32 contracts and a 41% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: 19 contracts and a 24.4% share
- Project Implementation: 14 contracts and a 17.9% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: 11 contracts and a 14.1% share
- Electricity Supply: one contract and a 1.3% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: one contract and a 1.3% share.
Europe leads wind contracts activity in January 2021
Comparing contracts activity in wind technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 32 contracts and a share of 41% during January 2021, followed by North America with 24 contracts and a 30.8% share and Asia-Pacific with 18 contracts and a 23.1% share.
In fourth place was South and Central America with three contracts and a 3.8% share and in fifth place was Middle East and Africa with one contract and a 1.3% share.
Wind technology contracts in January 2021: Top issuers by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Wind technology for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (United States): 2,490MW from one contract
- Pattern Energy Group (United States): 1,050MW from one contract
- Clearway Energy Group L (United States): 460MW capacity from two contracts.
Wind technology contracts in January 2021: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Equinor Wind US L (United States): 2,490MW from one contract
- Blattner Energy (United States): 1,395MW from two contracts
- White Construction (United States): 418MW capacity from two contracts.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.