Thermal technology contracts activity in May 2020 saw 32 contracts announced, marking a rise of 10% over the last 12-month average of 29, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Gas was the top category in thermal technology in terms of number of contracts for the month, accounting for 19 contracts and a 59.4% share, followed by Oil with seven contracts and a 21.9% share. Coal stood in third place with six contracts and an 18.8% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, thermal held the third position in terms of number of contracts during May 2020 with a 15.8% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Thermal technology tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Supply & Erection: 18 contracts and a 56.3% share
- Project Implementation: six contracts and an 18.8% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: four contracts and a 12.5% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: two contracts and a 6.3% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: two contracts and a 6.3% share.
Europe leads thermal contracts activity in May 2020
Comparing contracts activity in thermal technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 12 contracts and a share of 37.5% during May 2020, followed by North America with nine contracts and a 28.1% share and Asia-Pacific with six contracts and an 18.8% share.
In fourth place was South and Central America with four contracts and a 12.5% share and in fifth place was Middle East and Africa with one contract and a 3.1% share.
Thermal technology contracts in May 2020: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Thermal technology for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- MP Power Management (India): 1,320MW from one contract
- Primesouth Lebanon s.a.l.: 640MW from one contract
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Uzbekistan): 240MW capacity from one contract.
Thermal technology contracts in May 2020: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Pench Thermal Energy (MP) (India): 1,320MW from one contract
- China CAMC Engineering (China): 640MW from one contract
- Aksa Enerji Uretim (Turkey): 240MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.