The Quebec City Data Center Project is a smart grid project being developed in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. It is an advanced grid infrastructure project.
The installation of the project began in 2019.
The Quebec City Data Center Project is currently under construction and will use smart grid technology. The project has a rated capacity of 21MW.
The Quebec City Data Center Project has the following equipment associated with it:
- – Data Center
Quebec City Data Center Project development status
The development of Quebec City Data Center Project was started in 2019.
– Vantage ’s Quebec City 21MW campus is our largest in Canada.
– Upon completion, it will include two data centers across a 10-acre campus and is ideal for both wholesale and retail customers.
– The eco-friendly campus features clean energy at low rates and access to a high-quality electrical and fiber network.
– Two single-story data centers on a 10-acre campus
– 90,000 sq. ft. data center area
– 21MW of wholesale and retail IT critical load capacity once fully developed
– High-density options up to 240W/sq. ft.
– Low TCO through local tax incentives
– Industry-leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE)
– Sustainable features including LED lighting and charging stations for electric vehicles.
Ameresco Inc (Ameresco) is a provider of comprehensive renewable energy services. The company is a cleantech integrator, and renewable asset developer, owner and operator. It offers energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions. The company also develops, constructs and operates renewable energy plants. Ameresco sells electricity, processed landfill gas, heat or cooling produced by its small-scale plants from renewable energy sources. It also provides consulting services, enterprise energy management services, and sale of solar PV energy products and systems. The company serves federal, housing authorities, state and local governments, healthcare and educational institutions, and commercial and industrial customers in North America and Europe. Ameresco is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, the US.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.