The Salt Lake Metro Data Center Project is a smart grid project being developed in Salt Lake, Utah, US. It is an advanced grid infrastructure project.
The project is expected to be completed in 2021.
The Salt Lake Metro Data Center Project is currently under construction and will use smart grid technology. The project has a rated capacity of 130MW.
The smart grid project is being installed by Aligned Energy.
The Salt Lake Metro Data Center Project has the following equipment associated with it:
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
- – Data Center
Salt Lake Metro Data Center Project development status
The project is expected to be commissioned in 2021.
Aligned Energy will construct and complete the Salt Lake Metro Data Center Project.
– Aligned, a leading data center provider offering innovative, sustainable and adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions for cloud, enterprise, and managed service providers, announces the expansion of its Salt Lake Metro data center campus, breaking ground on a second facility in West Jordan, Utah.
– The expansion is driven by the addition of a new anchor customer as well as demand for adaptable, scalable data center infrastructure in the Western technology hub.
– Building on Aligned’s existing 34 MW, 300,000 sq. ft. West Jordan data center, the adjacent new 240,000-sq.-ft. facility will add 48 MW of capacity.
– At full build, the master-planned Aligned SLC campus will offer 780,000 square feet of space and 130 MW of capacity in the Silicon Slopes.
– Aligned’s SLC data center campus will feature the Company’s patented Delta Cube (Delta³)TM cooling technology, which allows customers to scale up to 50 kW per rack without having to reconfigure existing infrastructure, disperse equipment, or require large-scale CapEx investments — all while maintaining industry-leading Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and utilizing up to 80% less energy and 85% less water.
About Aligned Energy
Aligned Energy LLC (Aligned Energy) is an infrastructure technology company. It provides consumption based colocation, electrical and mechanical infrastructure and data center services. Aligned Energy is headquartered in Plano, Texas, the US.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.