The Zurich Data Center Project is a smart grid project being developed in Winterthur, Zurich, Switzerland. It is an advanced grid infrastructure project.
The installation of the project began in 2020 and is expected to be completed in 2021.
The Zurich Data Center Project is currently under construction and will use smart grid technology. The project has a rated capacity of 40MW.
The Zurich Data Center Project has the following equipment associated with it:
- – Data Center
Zurich Data Center Project development status
The development of Zurich Data Center Project was started in 2020. The project is expected to be commissioned in 2021.
– Located in Winterthur just 25 kilometers northeast of downtown Zurich, Switzerland data center campus will sit on more than 7 acres (3 hectares), one of the largest plots of available data center land in the Canton of Zurich.
– Once fully developed, the 400,000 sq. ft. (37,000 sq. m.) campus will be comprised of four state-of-the-art data centers—two three-story and two four-story—offering a combined 40MW of critical IT load.
– 130,000 sq. ft. (12,000 sq. m.) of leasable data center space
– 300W/sq. ft. (3.2kW/sq. m.) average density
– Numerous green initiatives to maximize sustainability such as advanced heat recovery and solar facades
– Class A building amenities including office, conference rooms break rooms and more.
Ameresco Inc (Ameresco) is a provider of comprehensive renewable energy services. The company is a cleantech integrator, and renewable asset developer, owner and operator. It offers energy efficiency, infrastructure upgrades, asset sustainability and renewable energy solutions. The company also develops, constructs and operates renewable energy plants. Ameresco sells electricity, processed landfill gas, heat or cooling produced by its small-scale plants from renewable energy sources. It also provides consulting services, enterprise energy management services, and sale of solar PV energy products and systems. The company serves federal, housing authorities, state and local governments, healthcare and educational institutions, and commercial and industrial customers in North America and Europe. Ameresco is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, the US.
All publicly-announced smart grid projects included in this analysis are drawn from GlobalData’s Power IC. The information regarding the projects is sourced through secondary information sources such as country specific power players, company news and reports, statistical organisations, regulatory body, government planning reports and their publications and is further validated through primary from various stakeholders such as power utility companies, consultants, energy associations of respective countries, government bodies and professionals from leading players in the power sector.