Orsted and Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) have signed a deal for developing offshore wind projects under a memorandum of understanding (MoU).

The companies will enter a partnership to develop the Chosi offshore wind project located near Tokyo. TEPCO conducted a seabed survey for the feasibility analysis of the wind project.

The deal will enable TEPCO to improve its renewable energy business. The company plans to develop approximately 6GW-7GW of renewable energy projects in Japan and other countries.

Based in Denmark, Orsted is a renewable energy company, while TEPCO is a Japanese electric utility holding company.

Siemens Gamesa has been contracted by Innogy Renewables US for the supply of wind turbines for the 242MW Scioto Ridge onshore wind project being developed in Ohio.

The contract includes the supply of nine SG 2.6-114 turbines and 63 SG 3.4-132 turbines. The contract includes a ten-year service and maintenance deal, under which Siemens Gamesa will provide digital capabilities and advanced diagnostics, customised for boosting the performance and operations and for optimising the cost of energy from the project.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData

Expected to be commissioned in 2020, the project will supply enough renewable energy to power 60,000 Ohio households a year.

Based in Spain, Siemens Gamesa is a renewable energy company that manufactures wind turbines and constructs wind farms, while Innogy Renewables US is a US-based renewable energy developer.

Toyota and Panasonic have announced plans to form a joint venture (JV) for manufacturing prismatic electric vehicle (EV) batteries.

The JV will develop next-generation lithium-ion solid-state batteries that will hold 50 times more capacity than the ones being used currently. Toyota will own a 51% stake in the JV, while Panasonic will hold the remaining 49%. The JV is expected to be formally established by the end of 2020.

“The JV will develop next-generation lithium-ion solid-state batteries that will hold 50 times more capacity than the ones being used currently.”

Toyota will transfer its personnel and equipment to the areas of production and development, under the terms of the deal, while Panasonic will move five of its battery production units to facilities in China and Japan.

The deal is a part of Toyota’s plan to boost its electric vehicle (EV) market base.

Toyota is a multinational automotive manufacturer, while Panasonic is a multinational electronics company. Both companies are based in Japan.

Google has signed a long-term deal with the Taiwanese Government to purchase the electricity produced from a 10MW solar array in Taiwan.

The solar project is located approximately 100km south of Google’s Changhua County data centre. It will consist of 40,000 solar panels and will be linked to the regional power grid of Changhua.

The deal is Google’s first renewable energy purchase venture in Asia. It was signed for meeting the requirements of the data centre and to reduce its carbon footprint.

Based in the US, Google is a technology company.

Parkwind has signed a deal with ESB to jointly develop two offshore wind farms located in the Irish Sea.

ESB will acquire 35% interest in the Oriel wind farm, located 22km off the Dundalk coast. The wind farm has a capacity of up to 330MW and will include 55 turbines. It is expected to commence commercial operations by early 2020 upon receiving regulatory approvals.

Parkwind will also invest to receive a 35% stake in the 500MW Clogherhead wind farm project located near Oriel. ESB has received a foreshore license for conducting site investigations for the project.

Based in Belgium, Parkwind is a wind energy developer, while ESB is an Irish state-owned public utility company.