Deals this week: 220 Energia, Jiangsu Wujiang China Eastern Silk Market, Akuo Energy

19 January 2018 (Last Updated January 18th, 2018 11:43)

220 Energia has entered a partnership agreement with WePower to explore the use of blockchain technologies in the sale of retail energy between neighbouring countries in Europe.

220 Energia has entered a partnership agreement with WePower to explore the use of blockchain technologies in the sale of retail energy between neighbouring countries in Europe.

Blockchain databases allow information to be distributed and regularly updated across a network of computers.

Based in Estonia, 220 Energia is an energy retailing business, while WePower is a blockchain-based green energy trading platform.

Jiangsu Wujiang China Eastern Silk Market plans to raise CNY832m ($129.19m) from banks in project financing to construct and develop the 200MW Gas Turbine Cogeneration Project in Jiangsu Province and Suzhou City, China.

“Pure Energy Holdings has agreed to acquire a 60% stake in Solar Powered Agri-rural Communities through its subsidiary Just Solar.”

Based in China, Jiangsu Wujiang China Eastern Silk is a producer and supplier of electric power and heat.

Akuo Energy has raised $80m in project financing to develop the 50MW Parques Eólicos del Caribe (Pecasa) windfarm in the Dominican Republic.

The International Finance Corporation (IFC), Dutch Development Bank (FMO), IFC-Canada Climate Change programme, Societe de Promotion et de Participation pour la Cooperation Economique (Proparco) and the German Investment Corporation (DEG) provided the financing.

State-owned power company Corporación Dominicana de Empresas Eléctricas Estatales (CDEEE) will purchase the power generated from the project under a power purchase agreement for a 20-year term starting from 2019.

Envision Solar International has raised $2.5m in equity financing.

The company is a manufacturer and supplier of solar products and proprietary technology solutions based in the US.

The financing will be invested to improve sales and marketing, as well as to fund ongoing expenses.

Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners has raised $268m in tax equity and financing for the construction of stage one of the 365MW Persimmon windfarm in Oklahoma, US.

Quinbrook Infrastructure owns a 75% stake in the farm, while the remaining 25% is owned by Elawan Wind.

GE’s energy investment unit GE Energy Financial Services has committed to provide more than $190m of tax equity financing for the project. GE is also acting as book-runner, administrative agent and lender for $252m credit facilities.

CIT Group, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group and Rabobank Group arranged the financing.

Pure Energy Holdings has agreed to acquire a 60% stake in Solar Powered Agri-rural Communities through its subsidiary Just Solar.

Both the companies involved in the transaction are based in the Philippines.

Solar Powered Agri-rural Communities owns three solarpower plants with a combined capacity of 13.82MW in Central Luzon.