Alinta Energy has announced plans to acquire AGL Energy’s 1.8GW Liddell coal-fired power station in New South Wales, Australia.

Alinta Energy is engaged in the production and distribution of electricity and natural gas, while AGL Energy is an energy utility.

Union Electric Company plans to raise $425m through a public offering of 4% first mortgage bonds due April 2048.

To be issued at 99.567% of the principal amount, the bonds are expected to yield 4.025% upon maturity.

The company will use the proceeds raised from the transaction to repay its short-term debts.

Union Electric is a US-based subsidiary of Ameren Corporation that is engaged in power generation, transmission and distribution.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Tobique First Nation has reached an agreement with renewable energy company Natural Forces Technologies for the construction and development of a 20MW windfarm near Sussex, UK.

Following the transaction, Tobique First Nation will hold a 51% stake in the $50m farm, while Natural Forces will hold the remaining 49%.

NB Power will purchase power generated by the farm.

Greencoat Renewables has acquired the 11.5MW Tullynamoyle 2 windfarm in County Leitrim, Ireland, from a local developer for €19.3m ($23.76m).

The acquisition was funded through a €250m ($307.86m) credit facility.

Based in Ireland, Greencoat is engaged in the provision of renewable infrastructure.

Yoma Micro Power S has agreed to raise up to $28m in equity and debt financing.

“Quantum Strategic Partners has made an equity investment of $100m in Sunnova Energy.”

The financiers group includes Singapore-based Yoma Strategic Holdings, US-based International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Norway-based Norfund.

Yoma Strategic will hold a 35% stake in Yoma Micro Power, while Norfund and IFC will each hold 30%. Alakesh Chetia will hold the remaining 5% interest.

The proceeds from the offering are intended to be used for installing solar-based micro power plants and mini-grids to power telecom towers in rural Myanmar, in addition to supplying power to off-grid communities.

Based in Mozambique, Yoma Micro Power S is engaged in power generation and distribution.

Nordic Solar has raised $36m in funding.

Nordic solar is a US-based solar energy facilities developer and owner. The company engaged CIT Group as its sole lead arranger and administrative agent for the transaction.

The proceeds from the offering are intended to be used to support the operation of nine newly constructed community solar garden projects in Minnesota with an approximate combined capacity of 60MW.

Quantum Strategic Partners has made an equity investment of $100m in Sunnova Energy.

Based in the UK, Quantum is an investment vehicle while Sunnova Energy is a US-based company engaged in providing residential solar and battery storage services.

The investment will enable Sunnova Energy to improve its energy services.

Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) has invested $247m in ReNew Power Ventures.

The proceeds from the offering will be used for the acquisition of Ostro Energy.

CPPIB is a Canadian investment management company, while ReNew Power Ventures is an independent power generation company based in India.