US-based diversified energy company FirstEnergy has received $1.62bn from the affiliates of Elliott Management Corporation, Bluescape Energy Partners, the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) and Zimmer Partners.

The affiliates have invested in mandatory convertible preferred equity of the company, with an initial conversion price of $27.42 a share. The preferred equity shares will receive dividends on an as-converted basis and will not give voting rights.

FirstEnergy will use proceeds to repay its debt and increase its pension fund, and for general corporate purposes.

Elliott Management is an investment management company based in the US, while Bluescape Energy, also based in the US, is a private equity firm. GIC is a sovereign wealth fund based in Singapore, while Zimmer Partners is a hedge fund sponsor based in the US.

Denmark-based investment company Obton A/S has obtained financing for the acquisition of two solar photovoltaic (PV) projects in the UK with a combined installed capacity of 9MW.

The acquisition is expected to further increase the size of Obton’s current portfolio of more than 360MW, which is estimated to be valued at more than €840m ($1.03bn).

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Vector Green Energy Private Limited has secured project financing from IndusInd Bank and L&T Infra Debt Fund.

The company will use funds to refinance two solarfarms in Telangana, India.

“The acquisition is expected to further increase the size of Obton’s current portfolio of more than 360MW, which is estimated to be valued at more than $1.03bn.”

Based in India, Vector Green Energy is a renewable energy company.

Northern Offshore Services AS (N-O-S) and Fred Olsen Windcarrier have formed a partnership. It will involve Fred Olsen Windcarrier’s fleet of crew transfer vessels (CTVs) will be integrated into N-O-S’s existing management and organisation.

Based in Denmark, N-O-S is an offshore wind services provider, while Fred Olsen Windcarrier is a renewable energy company based in Norway.

Azuri Technologies Limited plans to raise $20m in phases during 2018, as part of its off-balance-sheet debt financing programme.

The company has received an investment of $4m for the first phase under the ElectriFI European Union programme, TRINE Finance impact investment platform and investment partners.

Based in the UK, Azuri Technologies is engaged in providing PayGo solar systems to rural off-grid communities.

Proceeds from the transaction will be used to meet working capital requirements for the expansion of off-grid energy and service provision in East Africa.

Companhia de Ferro Ligas da Bahia has reached a $122m agreement with Santander Investimentos and Brazil Wind to acquire the 170MW BW Guirapa I windfarm in Bahia, Brazil.

Santander Investimentos holds an 87.13% interest in BW I windfarm, while Brazil Wind holds the remaining 12.87% interest.

Based in Brazil, Companhia de Ferro Ligas da Bahia is engaged in the production and distribution of ferroalloys.