View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 19, 2022

Macquarie Asset Management to divest stake in Lincs Offshore Wind Farm

The 15.5% stake is acquired by Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust and Sky.

Macquarie Asset Management has agreed to divest a 15.5% stake in Lincs Offshore Wind Farm (Lincs) to funds managed by Octopus Energy Generation.

The asset manager held the stake through Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund V.

Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed.

The 15.5% stake is acquired by Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust and Sky, funds managed by Octopus Energy Generation.

Macquarie Green Investment Group Renewable Energy Fund I will continue to manage a 44% stake in Lincs following the closure of this deal.

For this transaction, Macquarie Asset Management, which is part of Macquarie Group, was advised by Macquarie Capital.

Macquarie Asset Management EMEA Real Assets head Martin Bradley said: “The successful delivery and operation of projects like Lincs over the past decade has made the UK a world leader in the offshore wind sector.

“Investors recognise this, with this transaction a strong vote of confidence in the central role offshore wind will play in enabling the UK to reach net zero.”

Located in the North Sea, 8km off the east coast of England, Lincs a 270MW offshore wind farm has been operational since 2013.

Equipped with 75 wind turbines, the offshore wind facility has been delivering clean energy equivalent to meet the energy requirements of 278,000 homes annually.

In March this year, Macquarie struck a £4.2bn deal to purchase control of the UK’s gas infrastructure.

As per the terms of the deal, the UK-based National Grid agreed to sell a 60% stake in the country’s gas transmission network and metering services. Macquarie, alongside Canadian investment firm British Columbia Investment, will also have an option to purchase the remaining 40% stake in 2023.

Related Companies

Topics in this article:
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Power Technology