Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
May 18, 2018

M&As this week: Mitsui & Co, BayWa renewable energy, Ameresco

Mitsui & Co has agreed to purchase a 50% interest in Enterprize Energy’s Taiwan-based subsidiary.

Mitsui & Co has agreed to purchase a 50% interest in Enterprize Energy’s Taiwan-based subsidiary.

Called Yushan Energy, the firm is engaged in the development of the Hai Long offshore windfarm project. It holds a 40% stake in this project, while Northland Power holds the remaining 60%.

Based in Japan, Mitsui & Co is a general trading company, while Enterprize Energy is a Singapore-based developer of offshore wind projects.

BayWa renewable energy has acquired Becon Consultancy.

BayWa is a renewable energy services company based in Germany, while Becon Consultancy is a UK-based company engaged in providing high-voltage maintenance and switching services for renewable energy schemes, as well as landscaping maintenance and civil groundworks.

BayWa expects the acquisition will allow it to provide better services to its UK customers, with the addition of Becon Consultancy’s portfolio.

Content from our partners
Green investment: What gives Scotland multiple advantages
How Hengst helped to keep Germany’s charity “star singers” shining
How one power station prevented frequent shutdowns with three-stage air filtration

Ameresco has acquired JVP Engineers, a US-based company engaged in providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering solutions.

“GSE Systems has acquired True North Consulting for $9.75m.”

Based in the US, Ameresco is a renewable energy and energy efficiency company. The acquisition is expected to strengthen its engineering capabilities and allow it to provide state-of-the-art energy efficiency and energy security solutions.

Mercury NZ has agreed to purchase a 19.99% interest in Tilt Renewables from Tauranga Electricity Consumer Trust (TECT) for A$143.89m ($108.48m).

The transaction will also include an option to acquire TECT’s remaining share of approximately 6.81% in Tilt for A$2.30 ($1.73) a share within the next six months.

Both Mercury NZ and its target companies are based in New Zealand and are engaged in renewable energy generation.

Hinduja National Power Corporation has acquired Kiran Energy Solar Power from Argonaut Ventures, New Silk Route Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Ardeshir Contractor, and Alan Rosling for Rs10bn ($148.2m).

Kiran Energy Solar Power is engaged in building solar clusters with capacities ranging from 50MW to 100MW in various states of India.

The company has engaged YES Securities (India) as its financial advisor for the transaction.

GSE Systems has acquired True North Consulting for $9.75m.

Based in the US, GSE Systems is engaged in providing simulation systems, training/consulting and technology-enabled engineering solutions, while True North Consulting offers speciality engineering solutions to the nuclear power industry.

The acquisition is expected to strengthen GSE’s engineering services portfolio and further enhance its relationships with nuclear energy providers in the US.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU