Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
June 20, 2016

CLP and Suzlon form JV for 100MW solar project in Telangana, India

Hong Kong-based electric company CLP's wholly-owned subsidiary CLP India has formed a joint venture (JV) with renewable energy solutions provider Suzlon Group to develop a 100MW solar project at Veltoor in Telangana.

By Lopamudra Roy

PV

Hong Kong-based electric company CLP’s wholly-owned subsidiary CLP India has formed a joint venture (JV) with renewable energy solutions provider Suzlon Group to develop a 100MW solar project at Veltoor in Telangana.

The company has taken a 49% stake in SE Solar, which is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) developed by Suzlon. Also included is the provision for CLP India to later acquire the remaining 51% shares.

To be funded 80% by debt and 20% by equity, the project is expected to be commissioned by May next year.

CLP India’s renewables business development and commercial director Mahesh Makhija said: "CLP’s growing investments in renewable energy underlines our determination to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help tackle climate change.

"CLP India has taken a 49% stake in SE Solar, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) developed by Suzlon."

"We have added capacity at a steady pace to become one of the leading independent windpower producers in the country. With the Veltoor solar project, we are now one of the largest renewable energy producers in India with operational and committed capacity of around 1,100MW across wind and solar.

"We believe that Suzlon can leverage its project execution capabilities to deliver the Veltoor solar project successfully."

Content from our partners
How Hengst helped to keep Germany’s charity “star singers” shining
How one power station prevented frequent shutdowns with three-stage air filtration
Reimagining the carbon problem

The 100MW Veltoor project will be Suzlon’s first project in the solar energy sector and will help CLP India meet its target of having 20% of power generated by renewable energy by 2020.


Image: CLP India and Suzlon will set up 100MW solar project in Telangana. Photo: courtesy of dan / Freedigitalphotos.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU