Great Plains Energy has fixed the pricing for its public offering of 52.6m shares at $26.45 per share.

The company plans to raise gross proceeds of $1.39bn and has also given the underwriters a 30-day option to buy up to 7.89m additional common stock shares. The net proceeds are estimated to be $1.35bn.

In addition, Great Plains Energy has simultaneously announced to raise $750m through public offering of 15 million depository shares at a price of $50 a share.

These proceeds are intended to be used to partly pay for the proposed acquisition of Westar Energy.

Neoen has announced a initial public offering (IPO) worth €1bn ($1.12bn) of shares. 

The company aims to expand its gross installed capacity to 2GW by 2020.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

TonenGeneral Sekiyu and JGC Corporation have reached an agreement to form a joint venture (JV) Muroran Biomass Power Generation.

TonenGeneral Sekiyu is a petroleum and petrochemical company, whereas JGC Corporation is an engineering and construction company.

The new JV will be headquartered at Minato-ku in Tokyo and will have a paid-in capital of ¥100m ($0.99m). A majority interest of 90% in the JV will be held by TonenGeneral Sekiyu, while JGC Corporation will own the remaining 10%.

Both companies are based in Japan.

SPI Energy has announced it will raise $100m through private placement of shares to fund the expansion of its photovoltaic projects and general corporate expenses.

The placement involves 386,100,386 shares priced at $0.259 each.