Deals this week: Principle Power, Yoma Strategic Holdings, and Just Energy Group
Join Our Newsletter - Get important industry news and analysis sent to your inbox – sign up to our e-Newsletter here
X

Deals this week: Principle Power, Yoma Strategic Holdings, and Just Energy Group

04 May 2017

Principle Power has entered a collaboration agreement with Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding to develop floating offshore wind (FOW) projects in Japan.

Principle Power has entered a collaboration agreement with Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding to develop floating offshore wind (FOW) projects in Japan.

Under the agreement, the two companies will work together to advance the FOW market in the country and also collaborate on improving the WindFloat design to meet FOW deployment opportunities.

Principle Power offers technology and services to the offshore wind industry, while Mitsui E&S is engaged in shipbuilding and engineering product manufacturing.

Yoma Strategic Holdings has announced the formation of joint venture company Yoma Micro Power (S) with an initial investment of $2m.

The JV will construct distributed generation micro power plants and mini grids, while produced electricity will be supplied to off-grid rural communities and telecommunications towers in Myanmar.

Yoma Strategic and Norfund will each hold a 47.5% interest in the new company, while the remaining 5% will be held by Alakesh Chetia, the leader of the initiative.

Just Energy Group has announced plans to raise gross proceeds of up to $150m through the public offering of 8.5% series A fixed-to-floating rate cumulative redeemable perpetual preferred shares.

Canada-based energy management solutions provider Just Energy proposes to use the net proceeds obtained from the transaction for general corporate purposes.

"APA Group has announced its intention to acquire the 110MW Darling Downs solar farm project."

The company engaged FBR Capital Markets as the sales agent, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin as Canadian legal advisor, and Andrews Kurth Kenyon as the US legal advisor for the transaction.

Ningxia Zhongke Jiaye New Energy has entered a partnership agreement with Technology Management Company and Oman Investment Fund to develop a $94m Duqm solar panel project in Oman.

Under the agreement, Ningxia Zhongke Jiaye New Energy and Technology Management Company will own a 51% stake in the project, while Oman Investment Fund will own the remaining 49% stake.

The facility will be developed in two phases, with the first involving the manufacture of solar panels able to generate 400MW of energy a year. This will be increased to 1,000MW in the second phase.

APA Group has announced its intention to acquire the 110MW Darling Downs solar farm project in south-western Queensland from Origin Energy.

The solar farm will comprise approximately 430,000 panels and is expected to come online in 2018.

The acquisition is set to be completed in May 2017.

APA Group is involved in providing natural gas infrastructure, while Origin Energy is engaged in integrated energy business.

Free Whitepaper

By clicking the “Submit” button above, you accept and acknowledge that your data will be used by Vega.

We will also collect and use the information you provide for carefully considered and specific purposes, where we believe we have a legitimate interest in doing so, for example to send you communications about similar products and services we offer. We will always give you an option to opt out of any future communications from us. You can find out more about our legitimate interest activity in our privacy policy here. ‘We’ includes Verdict Media Limited and other GlobalData brands as detailed here.