Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Market Data
August 25, 2016

M&As this week: China Three Gorges Corporation and Spark Energy

China Three Gorges Corporation has reached an agreement with Blackstone Group to acquire its subsidiary BCP Meerwind Luxembourg in exchange for €645.4m ($730.6m).

China Three Gorges Corporation has reached an agreement with Blackstone Group to acquire its subsidiary BCP Meerwind Luxembourg in exchange for €645.4m ($730.6m).

As part of the transaction, sister company China Three Gorges International (Europe) will acquire a 70% stake in BCP Meerwind Luxembourg. In addition, a further subsidiary of China Three Gorges Corporation, China Yangtze Power International (Hong Kong) will acquire the remaining 30% stake.

Furthermore, China Three Gorges will also own an 80% stake in WindMW, which operates a 288MW offshore wind park in Germany.

Inner Mongolia Mengdian Huaneng Thermal Power has reached an agreement with North United Power Corporation to acquire the a 81.25% stake in Inner Mongolia North Longyuan Wind Power in exchange for $714m.

Spark Energy has completed the acquisition of Major Energy Services (Major Energy), which is involved in the supply of electricity and natural gas to residential and commercial customers in six states and more than 40 Utility Service Areas in the US.

Content from our partners
Green investment: What gives Scotland multiple advantages
How Hengst helped to keep Germany’s charity “star singers” shining
How one power station prevented frequent shutdowns with three-stage air filtration
Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU