View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
February 17, 2021

WEC Energy to build 310MW solar and battery storage project in US

US-based utility company WEC Energy Group has announced construction of a 310MW solar and battery storage project in Wisconsin.

By Umesh Ellichipuram

US-based utility company WEC Energy Group has announced construction of a 310MW solar and battery storage project in Wisconsin.

Free Report
img

Delve into the renewable energy prospects for Morocco

In its new low greenhouse gas (GHG) emission strategy to 2050, submitted to the United Nations (UN), the Ministry of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development (MEM) of Morocco suggested to raise the share of renewable capacity in the country’s total power installed capacity mix to 80%.   Morocco currently aims to increase the share of renewables in total power capacity to 52% by 2030. The new strategy plans to increase the share of renewable capacity to 70% by 2040 and 80% by 2050.  GlobalData’s expert analysis delves into the current state and potential growth of the renewable energy market in Morocco. We cover: 
  • The 2020 target compared to what was achieved 
  • The 2030 target and current progress 
  • Energy strategy to 2050 
  • Green hydrogen 
  • Predictions for the way forward  
Download the full report to align your strategies for success and get ahead of the competition.   
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

The company plans to build the Paris Solar-Battery Park in Kenosha County. The proposed facility would include a 200MW solar farm and a 110MW battery storage facility, which would become one of the largest facilities of its kind in the state.

Construction works would begin next year, with the project coming online in 2023. The project will be developed by Invenergy.

WEC Energy Group has filed a proposal for the project with the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin.

If approved, We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service, the utility companies of WEC Energy, will own 90% of the project. Madison Gas and Electric will take ownership of the remaining 10% stake.

We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service president Tom Metcalfe said: “This project is another concrete example of our commitment to build a bright, sustainable future.

“As the largest renewable energy investor in the state, we know the importance of clean energy. Projects like this maintain reliability, deliver significant savings to customers and support the goals of the Governor’s Task Force on Climate Change.”

Energy generated by the solar farm would power 60,000 homes in the region.

The Paris Solar-Battery Park proposal is part of WEC Energy’s plan to invest $2bn in solar, wind, and battery storage projects by 2025. Additionally, by constructing renewable projects, the company aims to reduce 70% of its carbon emissions by 2030.

The company’s longer-term plan would save utility customers more than $1bn over the next 20 years.

Related Companies

Free Report
img

Delve into the renewable energy prospects for Morocco

In its new low greenhouse gas (GHG) emission strategy to 2050, submitted to the United Nations (UN), the Ministry of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development (MEM) of Morocco suggested to raise the share of renewable capacity in the country’s total power installed capacity mix to 80%.   Morocco currently aims to increase the share of renewables in total power capacity to 52% by 2030. The new strategy plans to increase the share of renewable capacity to 70% by 2040 and 80% by 2050.  GlobalData’s expert analysis delves into the current state and potential growth of the renewable energy market in Morocco. We cover: 
  • The 2020 target compared to what was achieved 
  • The 2030 target and current progress 
  • Energy strategy to 2050 
  • Green hydrogen 
  • Predictions for the way forward  
Download the full report to align your strategies for success and get ahead of the competition.   
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU