Associated Fire Protection
Fire Protection and Suppression Systems
Associated Fire Protection® has been providing special-hazard engineered fire-suppression systems and equipment since 1993 and employ a highly qualified staff which include sales, engineering, design, service and installation technicians.
We have designed, supplied, installed and maintained special hazard alarm, detection, suppression and fire sprinkler systems throughout the United States and worldwide for our power and industrial clients.
FIRE SUPPRESSION AND FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS
Our services can include system design, systems equipment, pre-packaged systems, installation (turn-key), maintenance, and start-up / commissioning along with system retrofit and upgrade services, for the following types of fire suppression and fire alarm systems.
- Carbon dioxide (low and high pressure)
- Water-based sprinkler and foam
- Water mist
- Clean agents: FM200 and NOVEC 1230
- Inert gas: argonite
- Conventional, addressable intelligent alarm and detection systems
- Combustible and toxic gas detection
- Flame detection systems
- Wired / wireless video motion-detection, security and surveillance systems
SPECIAL HAZARD FIRE-SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS
We have the capability of providing custom state-of-the-art special hazard fire-suppression systems and enclosures that have the following approvals: UL/FM (domestic and South America), CE/ATEX (EU – European), GOST-R (Russia) CCC and CQST (China), SIL2 and SIL3.
Turn-key retrofits of complete controls and suppression systems upgrades for halon, FM200, high and low pressure CO2 systems for various gas turbine manufacturers include but are not limited to the following:
- Pratt & Whitney Power Systems (formerly Turbo Power & Marine): FT4, FT8 and SP61
- General Electric: LM2500, LM5000, LM6000, Frame 5 and Frame 7
- Siemens: V64, V84 and V94
- Westinghouse: 251, 301, 501 and 701
COMBUSTION TURBINE FIRE-SUPPRESSION PROJECTS
Our systems have been designed, fabricated, supplied, installed and commissioned protecting combustion turbine and fossil fuel facilities in 45 states, US territories and international projects around the world including the following locations: Argentina, Brazil, China, Chile, France, Ireland, Iraq, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Russia, the Republic of Georgia, Spain, Norway, the UAE, and the US Marshal and Virgin Islands.
A partial list of combustion turbines projects we have been involved in since 2006 includes:
- Argentina: one gas turbine unit, Argentina
- Codelco: two gas turbine units, Chile
- DKM: two gas turbine units, Russia
- EdF: two gas turbine units, France (EU)
- Guangzhou University: one gas turbine unit, China
- Isle of Ibiza: one gas turbine unit, Spain (EU)
- NCEMC: 11 gas turbine units, North Carolina (USA)
- Clark Power Station: twelve gas turbine units, Nevada (USA)
- Norway Project: ten combustion gas turbines, Norway
- PREPA: two gas turbine units, Puerto Rico
- RAO: ten gas turbine units, Russia
- Seminole: five gas turbine units, Florida (USA)
- Southern Cross: two gas turbine units, Chile
- Tampa Electric: five gas turbine units, Florida (USA)
- Tenerife: two gas turbine units, Spain (EU)
INSTALLATION AND SERVICE
Our installation and service technicians are experienced and factory trained from several of the following manufacturers that we are distributors for, including but not limited to, Allestec (OnGuard), Chemetron Fire Systems (CARDOX), Marioff (HI-FOG), Gamewell-FCI, Scott Health & Safety, Det-Tronics, VESDA , National Foam and Cooper-Wheelock (MEDC).
We can provide in-house custom systems design and assembly and have several technicians with the following NICET certifications: special hazard suppression systems – level-III; fire alarm systems – level-IV; and automatic sprinkler system layout and inspection – level-III.
We are also members of the following trade and union organizations:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- Powder River Basin Coals User Group (PRB)
- Combine Cycle Users Group
- Road Sprinkler Fitters Local Union No 669