Meeraner Dampfkesselbau and participants from more than 30 countries recently took part in the seventh Waste-to-Energy conference in Vienna, Austria.
Besides an interesting programme about the current issues of the European industry, the IRRC once again offered a great opportunity to meet politics, science and technology experts in the industry.
The exchange of experiences, ideas and concepts allowed effective cooperation and promoted development in the new EU-member states.
Topics discussed this year have been:
- EU policies and developments
- Country reports
- Technology of waste incineration
- Energy efficiency and use
- Experience with materials and corrosion
- Flue gas treatment
- Example plants and experiences in the plant construction an operation
Alternative waste-to-energy processes
- Mechanical-biological treatment
- Utilisation of solid recovered fuels
- Pyrolysis and gasification