BEST TRANSFORMER Transformer Technology Solutions
BEST TRANSFORMER (BALIKESIR ELECTROMECHANICAL INDUSTRIAL PLANTS CORPORATION) is a manufacturer of high-quality and reliable distribution and power transformers, as well as tanks.
BEST’s product range consists of:
- Distribution transformers up to 12,500kVA 36kV
- Power transformers up to 1,000 MVA 525kV
- Dry-type transformers up to 20MVA 36kV
- Shunt reactors up to 250MVAr
- Arc furnace transformers up to 150MVA 36kV
BEST is the largest national transformer producer in Turkey and meets all national and international standards, it has an independent modern accredited test laboratory on a 1,000m² site, and certificates in ISO9001, ISO14001and ISO18001.
Power and distribution transformers
Power transformers from BEST have a reputation for quality and reliability in more than 50 countries.
BEST is continuing to grow in the electromechanical industry by enlarging its customer portfolio and becoming a recognised supplier across all continents.
Power transformers for an international market
Nowadays, companies recognise that total quality management is the most important factor for gaining a competitive advantage in the international market.
For the optimum company performance, BEST:
- Works to the highest quality standards
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Ensures healthy communications and honesty with clients
- Shares findings and technology with stakeholders and business partners
- Maintains a dynamic quality management system that is continuously improving
Electromechanical industrial plants certifications
BEST has the following certifications:
- TS-EN-ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management System certificate
- TS-EN-ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental Management System certificate
- TS 18001:2008 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System certificate
- TS-EN-ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – Laboratory Accreditation certificate
Customised power and distribution transformers
BEST’s engineering department ensures that all transformers are customised to meet clients’ exact specifications, such as voltage, power, climate, system topology and sound level. The engineering department takes these requirements and turns them into designs, with an emphasis on safety, while remaining within the client’s budget.
Oil-immersed and cast resin-dry type transformers
BEST manufactures oil-immersed power and distribution transformers, in addition to cast resin dry-type transformers, reactors and mechanical products in two locations:
- The heavy industrial zone factory is located close to Balikesir city centre and has been operational since 1966. This unit is also capable of producing transformer of the range 400kV
- The industrial zone factory is located 16km from Balikesir city centre and has been operational since January 2009. This unit is built with state-of-the-art technology and the biggest unit in Turkey. The industrial zone mechanical production factory is located on the same land and been running since 2006
Industrial capacity power transformers
BEST’s power transformers are available in the following capacities:
- 12,500MVA heavy industrial zone factory
- 20,000MVA industrial zone factory
- Distribution transformers
- 2,200MVA heavy industrial zone factory
- 2,600MVA industrial zone factory
Logistics and data management systems
BEST has an experienced logistics team that has been operating for more than 15 years. BEST uses an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to enable full control over all operations efficiently.
On top of the ERP application, BEST has developed its own process data management system to minimise the operations risks and allows the company to meet its delivery commitments. This system incorporates all engineering, logistics and production activities.
Test laboratory for processes transformers
BEST Test laboratory is equipped with the most advanced testing facilities and can conduct all tests required by IEC standards; apart from short-circuit mechanical withstand test, which are performed at independent international laboratories, CESI-Italy and KEMA-Netherlands.
Two laboratories at BEST facilities can perform transformer tests according to IEC standards and act as independent laboratories due to their ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Laboratory Accreditation certificatation. A new BEST laboratory is due to enter service in 2013.
Tests performed on the transformers can be classified as:
- Tests during manufacturing
- Routine tests
- Type tests
- Special tests
- Acceptance tests
- Site tests
- Defect analysis / identification
- Tests before maintenance
Transformer commissioning, engineering and consultancy services
BEST’s policy is to keep customers satisfied by continuous improvement and modernisation of the company’s production methods.
In order to meet every kind of service, BEST has a fully qualified repair-maintenance and service team. The company ensures the transformers are ready for operation as soon as possible by having the necessary technology, materials and equipment at its production facilities.
BEST services include:
- Erection and commissioning
- Spare parts
- Engineering and consultancy
- Maintenance and site service
- Improvement in efficiency
Products and Services
Henvey Inlet Wind Power Project, Ontario
Bridge Power Project, Tema
No: 52/1 80200 Harbiye
Mr David Bruce Wilbur
Mr Gokhan Ayer
Mr Esen Cag
Mr Onur Camural
Mr Emre Yigit