John Holland, with Optec backing, has commenced a pilot programme with SheWorks to encourage and...
The Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) showcases the latest products for the oil and gas sector and presents more than 200 exhibiting brands.
This event attracts over 8,000 global visitors, providing opportunities to network and learn about the latest technological and innovative breakthroughs, which will drive the industry into the future.
Optec representative Brendan Whelan (CEO) will be attending the AOG conference in Perth from 14-16 March. Optec will be at stand F24-3 in the Instrumentation, Control and Automation section of the Exhibition Hall. Brendan will be at the stand for the three days of the conference and ready to answer any of your questions.
Optec is an industry specialist in the power, mining, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries, providing industrial gas, supervising gas fitter, and supervised gasfitter courses. Our supervising and supervised gasfitters courses equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need to perform at an industry standard. These full courses take three weeks to complete.
Optec is a Perth-based company, with its headquarters in Osbourne Park. It is the sole provider of the recognised prior learning (RPL) certificate in the area. We review work history to assess the competency of individuals as supervised gasfitters. The process takes two to three days to complete.
Along with specialised courses focusing on working with natural gas, Optec provides high voltage operator initial and refresher courses and high voltage consultancy for those within the power industry.
We also provide hazardous area wiring initial and refresher courses.
Our hazardous area wiring courses are conducted over five days and cover topics such as:
- UEENEEM080A: Report on the integrity of explosion-protected equipment in hazardous areas
- UEENEEM019A/20A/21A/22A: Attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM023A/24A/25A/26A: Install explosion-protected equipment and wiring systems, Coal mining*, Gas atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM027A/ 28A/29A/30A: Maintain equipment in hazardous areas, Coal; mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM038A/39A/40A/41A: Conduct testing of hazardous area installations, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM042A: Conduct visual inspection of existing hazardous areas installation
- UEENEEM043A/44A/45A/46A: Conduct detailed inspection of Hazardous Areas installations, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation