Asia-Pacific’s power industry saw a drop of 25.71% in deal activity during February 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by China Huadian’s $437.21m acquisition of Huadian Ningxia Lingwu Power GenerationLimited, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 26 power industry deals worth $985.18m were announced for the region in February 2021, against the 12-month average of 35 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2021 with 23 transactions, representing an 88.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with three deals capturing an 11.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s power industry with $938.08m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $47.09m.
Asia-Pacific power industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 93% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $915.83m, against the overall value of $985.18m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Huadian’s $437.21m acquisition of Huadian Ningxia Lingwu Power GenerationLimited
2) The $193.58m acquisition deal with Ningxia Huadian Heating by China Huadian
3) China Nuclear Power’s $137.7m acquisition of Sanmen Nuclear Power
4) The $100.87m acquisition of Manila WaterInc by Trident WaterHoldings Inc
5) Beijing United Rongbang New Energy Technology and Inner Mongolia Xingbang United New Energy’s asset transaction with Inner Mongolia Weiheng Industry and Trade and Zhongming Capital Holdings Group for $46.47m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.