Total power industry M&A deals worth $2.1bn were announced in North America in April 2021, led by Nextera Energy Partners’ $733m asset transaction with Brookfield Renewable Partners, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 54.8% over the previous month of $4.6bn and a drop of 53.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.51bn.
North America held a 23.83% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $8.73bn in April 2021. With a 23.71% share and deals worth $2.07bn, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across power industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 40 deals during April 2021, marking an increase of 37.93% over the previous month and a rise of 11.11% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 31 deals during the month.
North America power industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 93.2% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $1.94bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Nextera Energy Partners’ $733m asset transaction with Brookfield Renewable Partners
2) The $396m asset transaction for 55% stake in EDP Renovaveis by Greencoat Capital
3) Allen Media Broadcasting’s $380m asset transaction with Gray Television and Quincy Media
4) The $235m asset transaction with York City Sewer Authority by Pennsylvania American Water
5) Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure’s asset transaction with OMERS Infrastructure Management for $195.5m.