View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 15, 2021

ACWA Power seeks to raise up to $1.2bn in initial public offering

ACWA Power plans to sell 81.2 million shares at a price of between $13.6 and $14.9 to a share in the IPO.

By Umesh Ellichipuram

Saudi Arabian energy company ACWA Power is set to raise up to SAR4.5bn ($1.1bn) through a planned offering of 81.2 million shares.

The company will sell the shares for between SAR51 ($13.6) to SAR56 ($14.9) to a share. A final price could be set before the offering opens to retail investors.

For this initial public offering (IPO), ACWA Power will sell 11.1% of its existing shares. The company is expected to use the proceeds to move towards being a low-carbon energy generation company, according to a Bloomberg report.

The listing will value ACWA at up to SAR41.3bn ($11bn) and is said to be the biggest offering in Riyadh since Saudi Aramco’s listing.

In 2019, the Saudi government divested 2% of its shares in Aramco in an IPO raising a record SAR112.5bn ($30bn).

ACWA Power also plans to divest 4.14 million company shares (0.57%) to some of its employees and subsidiaries under the employee IPO grant plan, as reported by Reuters.

In June, Saudi Arabia’s Capital Market Authority (CMA) approved ACWA Power’s application to list 11.1% of the company’s share capital.

At that time, CMA said in a statement: “The CMA’s approval on the application shall be valid for six months from the CMA Board resolution date.

“The approval shall be deemed cancelled if the offering and listing of [ACWA Power’s] shares are not completed within this period.”

ACWA Power is a developer, investor and operator of power generation and desalinated water plants.

The company currently has 64 assets in operation, construction or in advanced development stages across 13 countries.

Last month, ACWA Power inaugurated the 300MW portion of the 900MW Shuaa Energy III PSC, the fifth phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park in Dubai.

Shuaa Energy III PSC is a special-purpose vehicle incorporated for the project. The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) owns 60% of it, with the remaining 40% stake held by ACWA Power and Gulf Investment Corporation.

Related Companies

Free Report
img

Delve into the renewable energy prospects for Morocco

In its new low greenhouse gas (GHG) emission strategy to 2050, submitted to the United Nations (UN), the Ministry of Energy Transition and Sustainable Development (MEM) of Morocco suggested to raise the share of renewable capacity in the country’s total power installed capacity mix to 80%.   Morocco currently aims to increase the share of renewables in total power capacity to 52% by 2030. The new strategy plans to increase the share of renewable capacity to 70% by 2040 and 80% by 2050.  GlobalData’s expert analysis delves into the current state and potential growth of the renewable energy market in Morocco. We cover: 
  • The 2020 target compared to what was achieved 
  • The 2030 target and current progress 
  • Energy strategy to 2050 
  • Green hydrogen 
  • Predictions for the way forward  
Download the full report to align your strategies for success and get ahead of the competition.   
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday. The power industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU