This cogeneration plant is installed inside the Artenius factory, in Sines, Portugal, who produces purified terephtalic acid. It has been conceived to supply high-pressure steam and electricity to its neighboring PTA plant, which is one of the largest of its kind.
After only one year in service, the existing diverter damper, supplied by one of our competitors, was not able to meet the required technical specifications. Therefore Veolia decided to call Stejasa to replace the existing diverter damper and repair guillotine as well as two fresh air dampers. After confirming Stejasa’s capabilities, Veolia granted us the contract under a full turn-key modality.
Our diverter damper, in operation since this September, has the following characteristics:
- Downstream gas turbine: GE frame 6B
- Gas path size (free flow): 3,519mm x 3,519mm
- Operating and design temperature: 571 / 610 ºC
- Operating and design pressure: 20 / 50 mbar
- Flow / gas speed: 146,2 kg/s – 28 m/s
- Casing material: carbon steel
- Blades material: stainless steel
- Shafts material: stainless steel
- Insulation: internal with 150mm of ceramic fibre
- Sealing system: 100% tightness with seal air fans
- Actuator: pneumatic with modulating function and emergency shutdown