Total power industry M&A deals worth $4.6bn were announced in North America in March 2021, led by PPL’s $3.8bn acquisition of The Narragansett Electric, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26.9% over the previous month of $6.29bn and a rise of 10.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.16bn.
North America held a 21.38% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $21.52bn in March 2021. With a 21.38% share and deals worth $4.6bn, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across power industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 28 deals during March 2021, marking a decrease of 36.36% over the previous month and a drop of 22.22% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 27 deals during the month.
North America power industry M&A deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $4.6bn, against the overall value of $4.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PPL’s $3.8bn acquisition of The Narragansett Electric
2) The $760m asset transaction with NRG Energy by ArcLight Capital Partners
3) New Jersey American Water’s $21.8m asset transaction with CITY OF and EGG HARBOR CITY
4) The $11m acquisition of Element one by Ardmore Shipping
5) Digihost Technology’s asset transaction with for $4.25m.