M&As this week: Shanghai Electric Power, ENGIE Energie Services, Elia

30 March 2018 (Last Updated March 29th, 2018 10:29)

Shanghai Electric Power plans to acquire a 66.4% stake in Karachi Electric Supply Company (K-Electric) from KES Power.

Shanghai Electric Power plans to acquire a 66.4% stake in Karachi Electric Supply Company (K-Electric) from KES Power.

Shanghai Electric Power is an energy generation company based in China, while K-Electric is a Pakistan-based integrated power utility controlled by the Abraaj Group.

ENGIE Energie Services has agreed to increase its share in Compagnie Parisienne de Chauffage Urbain (CPCU) from 64.39% to 66.5% by exercising an option to purchase 36,460 shares for €6.82m ($8.41m).

ENGIE Energie Services is an power services provider, while CPU is engaged in heat production and distribution.

Both the companies involved in the transaction are based in France.

“Elia proposes to fund the acquisition through 70% hybrid and 30% senior debt.”

Elia System Operator (Elia) has agreed to acquire an additional 20% stake in Eurogrid International from IFM Investors for €976.5m ($1.2bn).

The transaction will increase Elia’s stake in Eurogrid to 80%, while Australian infrastructure fund IFM Investors holds the remaining 20%.

Elia proposes to fund the acquisition through 70% hybrid and 30% senior debt.

The company has engaged Bank of America Merrill Lynch as the financial adviser for the transaction.

Elia is an electricity transmission system operator, while Eurogrid is engaged in power transmission.

Both companies are based in Belgium.

The acquisition is expected to strengthen Elia’s position as a transmission system operator (TSO) in Europe.

Dhoot Transmissions plans to acquire Parkinson Harness Technology for a consideration between Rs1.5bn ($23m) and Rs2bn ($30.66m).

Based in India, Dhoot Transmissions is engaged in supplying wire harnesses, cable systems, copper wires, electronics tooling, stamping and moulding systems, while Parkinson Harness Technology is a UK-based electrical solutions manufacturer.

SRS Distribution has acquired Top-Notch Roofing Supply (Top-Notch).

Based in the US, Top-Notch is engaged in the distribution of residential and commercial roofing products and accessories, while SRS Distribution is a roofing products distributor.