Optical Scientific Inc (OSI) has announced developments made to its advanced line of optical flow...
The FS-2000R is developed to ensure that refinery operators meet EPA MACT RSR 40 CFR 63.670 requirements for steam-assisted flare stacks.
The OFS 2000R can see through steam in the vapour phase, delivering accurate, quick-responding control signals, which enables the operator to match the steam flow exactly to the flare output and prevent oversteaming or overaeration, and maximise combustion efficiency. OFS 2000R has a 5000/1 turndown ratio, no pressure drop and is easily mounted on a steam line.
- Full cross-stack/duct measurement for superior accuracy.
- Unaffected by distance & pressure, moisture or opacity.
- Non-intrusive; nothing inflow path.
- No flow media high-temperature limits.
- No calibration necessary.
- Built in continuous self-test diagnostics.
- Easy installation and alignment.
- No moving parts: operates unattended – 24/7/365.
- Rugged ultra-low maintenance design for harsh environments
Measurement technique: Optical scintillation
Velocity range: 0.03 to 40 m/s velocity
Steam Pipe Diameter: Four to 24 inches (consult factory for other diameters)
Accuracy: 2% of reading
Response time: (user selectable) three sec to 600 sec
Long term drift: <1% per year
Media temperature: No upper limit
Light source: 670nm red LED
Power requirements: 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (Transmitter 12VA, Control Enclosure 40VA)
Data output: 4-20mA and/or RS-232 ASCII output or Modbus RTU. LDM, and F.O. interface available
Operating temperature range: -40° to 140° F (-40°C to 60°C)
Moisture: 0 to 100%, Condensing
Dust/Water intrusion: NEMA 4X / IP65
Optical Scientific has released a free white paper about its patented OFS 2000 emissions/air flow...
Optical Scientific's (OSi) patented optical flow sensor (OFS) makes drift-free measurements across the entire stack,...
OSI has completed proof-of-concept tests on a laser-based level sensor. This new instrument will offer...