Transformers and inductors are essential for safe electric power conversion and successful delivery of electricity to substations and end users.
Power companies and grid operators rely on a range of small power transformers and inductors for generator excitation control, voltage regulation, and safe, reliable, and efficient power transmission and distribution.
Finding the best small power transformers and inductors
Power Technology has listed some of the leading suppliers of transformers and inductors based on its intel, insights and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list includes manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of customised and high-quality transformers and inductors for power generation, transmission, and distribution applications.
The list includes suppliers of medium and low-voltage power transformers, distribution transformers, rectifier transformers, measurement transformers, as well as transformers for photovoltaic and wind power applications. Suppliers of a variety of high performing power inductors/coils/ chokes/reactors are also included in the list.
The information contained within the document is designed for electrical power generation, evacuation, transmission and distribution consultants, managers and engineers, transmission line and substation project directors, grid consultants, procurement officers, and other individuals involved in power generation, evacuation, grid connectivity, and electricity transmission and distribution.
The download contains detailed information on small transformers and inductors providers and their product and service lines, alongside contact details to aid in purchasing or hiring decisions.
Types of small power transformers and inductors
Power plant operators and electricity transmission and distribution companies look for high-performing transformer and inductor solutions that are cost-effective, partially discharge-free, short-circuit-proof, and customised to meet specific installation and application needs.
Different small transformers and power inductors used in the power industry applications include, but are not limited to:
- Single and three-phase insulated, low and medium-frequency power transformers
- Oil and air-cooled small distribution transformers
- Dry-type cast resin transformers and inductors
- Medium and low-voltage instrument transformers for measuring and protection purposes
- Window, bar, wound, split core, summation, and auxiliary current transformers (CTs)
- Electromagnetic induction, capacitive-coupled and optical-type voltage transformers (VTs)
- Injection transformers for ripple-control applications
- Electronic instrument transformers for power engineering and grid analysis
- Earthing transformers
- Single-phase alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) inductors
- Toroidal inductors for energy recovery systems
- Filter and blocking reactors
- Smoothing and inter-phase reactors, and
- Inductive components for DC-DC, AC-DC, and AC-AC converters