Power Cable Solutions
In 2006, the electrical utility company NUON realised a submarine cable connection from the shore at Harlingen to the island of Vlieland.
For this project TKF developed, produced and connected 37.5 km of medium voltage submarine cable, together with our partner CCC Netherlands.
Scope and characteristics
- Cable type: 3 x 240 mm² 12/20 kV
- Development of special test program for torque, tensile-strength, seawater resistancy
- Submarine armouring
- Type-test of cable and closures
- Transport of 25 reels, Ø 4ms, 22t each, to Harlingen
- Production of four cradles containing 9km cable, 200t each
- Supervision civil works (cable laying)
- Subsea connections
- Connections to substation
To find out more, download this white paper.
Download to find out more.